What is a DISC assessment?
A DISC assessment is a is a non-judgmental tool used to look at people’s behavioral differences. It helps you, or your team, to better understand yourself and why you behave in certain situations and how to adopt when necessary.
Each person has a personal style and the DISC assessment reveals what yours is. For example, some people like to move through projects fast while others prefer to take their time and make sure all the bases are covered. Some individuals love to lead. Others work better behind the scenes.
Are you an analyzer or totally spontaneous? Is quality or efficiency more important to you? What do you think is the best way to solve problems? Are you a team player?
DiSC profiles help you and your team:
- Increase your self-knowledge: how you respond to conflict, what motivates you, what causes you stress and how you solve problems
- Improve working relationships by recognizing the communication needs of team members
- Facilitate better teamwork and minimize team conflict
- Develop stronger sales skills by identifying and responding to customer styles
- Manage more effectively by understanding the dispositions and priorities of employees and team members
- Become more self-knowledgeable, well-rounded and effective leaders
All these things and much more are revealed in the DISC assessment.
Putting the Information to Work Through Coaching
Although the written results by themselves are fun and fascinating, when we explore the results of the DISC assessment together, you discover how to use the information to benefit yourself and others.
For example, some things you may learn are how to:
- best communicate with others who have a different style than you.
- handle stressful environments
- recognize and fully embrace your inner strengths.
- best communicate with others who have a different style than you.
- ensure others truly “hear” you and understand your intentions.
- teach others to communicate more effectively with you.
- how to avoid conflict
- how to adopt to any environment so you can get best results
- understand how different working environments will affect your productivity and which environment will best fit your style
When you combine the DISC Assessment with coaching, you will see remarkable results, enjoy a sense of fulfillment and see growth in business/career, relationship (whether with your partner, friends or coworkers), and increase in revenue
How It Works
The Assessment is completed online. The results are then sent to you via email as a standard Adobe Acrobat PDF file. I also receive a copy of each assessment.
Coaching and feedback sessions generally last 30-60 minutes and are done by phone, or through zoom (or in person, if you prefer and dependent on your physical location).
If the assessment is taken by members of a team, each team member receives the same assessment instrument used by individuals. Here are just some of the assessments we can do:
Team Analysis provides a clear, easy-to-use framework to understand complex issues quickly, to solve problems and to improve performance. It also presents a safe environment to discuss challenging topics productively. Team Analysis provides the big picture that enables decisions to be made with confidence.
Team Analysis help?
Team Analysis can help if you are:
- unsatisfied with the performance of your existing employees.
- unhappy with your employee turnover rate and it is costing too much.
- uncomfortable with your existing succession plan.
- frustrated by the lack of clear and concise information to make personnel decisions.
- spending too much money on development initiatives with too little to show the CEO and the board of directors.
- unclear what behaviors create success for specific jobs at YOUR organization.
Team Alignment is designed to provide specific information to focus team development efforts.
Team Alignment may help if you are:
- frustrated with the performance of your team(s).
- unhappy with the results of your previous team development efforts.
- spending too much money, time and effort identifying the real causes of performance problems.
- uncertain how you can get the most ROI on the development efforts.
Team Alignment is a tool for measuring and identifying where gaps exist between where the team is and where it should be. It allows the team members to clearly communicate their perceptions of the team�s current situation. These results are compared to the team leadership�s expectations for the team. Gaps are identified. The developmental areas are prioritized and broken down to sub-categories to pinpoint where the greatest impact from team development efforts will be achieved.
- identifies where the development efforts should be focused.
- shows if there are subgroups or divisions within the team.
- benchmarks � How the team compares with the other teams.
- identifies the specific development areas.
DISC Profiling Tool was designed to help you to be more successful with others. It allows you to accurately identify the style of the other person and provides you with a specific action plan as to how:
- To communicate more effectively
- To maintain and strengthen the relationship
- To avoid costly mistakes
- To close the sale
Profiling Tool provides information that will allow you to confidently take action and will have a positive impact on your performance. Profiling Tool can be very effectively used in any situation where you want to be more effective with another person. Some of the favorite applications are:
- Sales Professional-Potential Customer
- Sales Professional-Client
- Manager-New Employee
- Team Member-Team Member
Imagine if you could be more confident than you are adapting your communication style and actions to the needs of your customers, co-workers, boss and subordinates. You would close more sales, retain your clients, communicate more effectively, and be more successful.
Job Analysis answers a very difficult question that most organizations struggle with: What are the specific behavioral requirements for this job that will produce the desired results? Typically our clients know what skills and competencies are needed from employees to achieve success. However, when it comes to the behaviors, the issues become unclear and challenging. DISC Job Analysis is designed to provide information that makes an impact, is actionable and, most importantly, improves the performance of an organization.
Some of the applications for Job Analysis in organizations around the world are:
- Creating job descriptions
- Leadership development
- Management development
- Organization development
- Conflict resolution
- Restructuring job contents
Job Analysis is easy to use. The assessors only have to answer a Job Analysis questionnaire. Typically, it takes only about 30 minutes to complete. The questionnaires are available for the following job categories:
- Sales Style
- Customer Service
- Information Technology
Once the questionnaires are completed, Job Analysis will take care of the rest. It scores the report immediately. The behavioral requirements are stored in the system�s database to allow for an unlimited number of job requirements comparisons to individuals results.
Personal Analysis is designed to provide information that makes an impact, is actionable and, most importantly, has a positive impact on performance. DISC Personal Analysis is a self-assessment that identifies the strengths and development areas of an individual. What makes Extended DISC different from other assessments is that it is able to measure at a deeper unconscious level to exclude the impact of the environment.
In practice this means that the results show who the individual actually is and not what the person thinks he/she needs to be in the existing environment. As a result, the report identifies the true strengths and development areas to allow for real performance improvement.
Some of the most common applications for Personal Analysis in organizations worldwide are:
- Leadership Diagnosis
- Team and Organization Development
- Performance enhancement
- Communication and Interaction skills training
- Sales transformation
- Customer Service improvement
The tool is particularly successful with two groups of users:
- Practitioners who used other tools in the past but were:
- tired of using ‘one-off application’ tools that made minimal or no business impact.
- uncomfortable answering the CEO’s question: “How is this tool contributing to our bottom line?”
- frustrated with tools that were difficult or impossible to incorporate into a comprehensive learning strategy.
- unhappy that their existing tools could not be used from the front-line employees to the board room, creating confusion and administrative headaches.
- not satisfied with the customer service their vendor provided.
- Individuals who had not used any tools in the past but were:
- not completely satisfied with the results of their existing training and development programs.
- unhappy with the performance of their existing employees, but uncertain how to improve it.
- losing too much money with bad personnel decisions based only on managers’ intuition, experience and gut-feelings.
Workshop or Motivational Talk
Eston Swaby is trained to deliver DISC training to your company and to coach others using DISC. He is competent in delivering sales training, team training, customer service training, how to deal with conflicts in the workplace and general training in DISC. The workshop will be tailor-made to your company.
To book Eston to speak at your company check out our SPEAKING PROGRAM or contact us at email@example.com to tell us our needs