Believe That You Are Enough and You Will Start Attracting SuccessEston Swaby
So many people have dreams but the thought of not being good enough for their dreams stop them from taking any seriously step towards achieving that dream.
“The biggest difference I’ve noticed between successful people and unsuccessful people isn’t intelligence or opportunity or resources. It’s the belief that they can make their goals happen.” -James Clear
In all of my work, what I found is that what stops many people from living their dreams is the feeling that they are not good enough (or that they are not enough). So every time they think about their dreams, or to take a step towards their dreams they tell themselves ‘I am not good enough’.
In that belief there is the belief that they will fail, or they will face rejection. If I start my business I will fail. If I put myself out there they will reject me. If I ask for what I am worth they will not want to pay me. I cannot release that product program or put on that event people will see that I am who they think I am or who I saw I am I am fraud or I can’t do this. So the feeling of not being good enough shows up in career, relationships with clients and influencers, and in the amount of money they make.
In working with different people from different background, the ones that normally achieve their dreams are the ones that break free from the feeling of not good enough and start believing that they are enough.
So how can you start believing that you are enough?
- Through affirmations and visualization. Affirm the future you want to create. I tell my clients to wake up every day telling themselves that they are enough and to also create affirmations that they want to be true for them e.g. I am happily growing my business to where it’s earning a 7 figure income or I am so happy and grateful that I am attracting the right clients that pays me what I am worth or something like that. With visualization to visualize the future they want to create as if they are already living it. Albert Einstein said “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.”
Every day visualize that dream you want to achieve. If you want to write a best seller, visualize launching that book, or doing interviews. If one of your dream is to travel the world, start visualizing you doing that. For me I visualize speaking before thousands of people, coaching high paying clients and so forth. Affirmations and visualization works as you attract what you think about, talk about and see often. When you visualize and affirm what you want, your brain goes to work helping you to close that gap between where you are, and where you want to be.
- Start taking action. It’s good to affirm that you are making $10,000 per month or that you are charging your clients $2000 for your program, but unless you start taking some form of action it won’t happen so I encourage you to lean into it. Let’s say you have a coaching business, you are charging $50 per session but what you really want to charge is $100 per session because you know you have what it takes. You can either jump right into it and start charging $100 or you can raise your fee a little maybe to $70 and then keep raising it until you are at your desired level.
You have to realize that you are doing the world a disservice if you do not take that leap and start that business. Someone is waiting for your gift, for that idea you want to bring to life. If you already have a business but afraid of taking the next step to grow your business, realize that if someone is not willing to pay you what your worth then that person is not the right client for you. Keep marketing your business until you find clients that will recognize your gift and what you bring to the table. What I found out is that when you are coaching or working with someone for a low fee they will not take the process as serious as they should. I had clients who I really wanted to help, but they were just not serious about the process. They were always making excuses and would not complete assignments. Clients that pay me for what I am worth take the process seriously and take the necessary actionsYou are doing the world a disservice if you do not take that leap and start that business Click To Tweet
“The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear and get a record of successful experiences behind you.” –William Jennings Bryan
Examples of how the belief of not being good enough might show up
So what are some ways that the belief that you are not good enough might show up?
- You want to write the book but there is something telling you that no one will want to read your book. Or you might not believe that you can write a book that people will want to read
THE TRUTH: if you write it, someone will read it. It’s not about you, it’s about the book and the value it has. Most of the books I bought I don’t even know whom the author is or heard about him or her before. I saw the book, interested in the title, read a little bout it maybe first few pages on Amazon, like it and then buy it. If I want further clarity and if I should buy it I read the reviews. People don’t really care who you are, they just want to know if you can help them to solve their problem. That problem could be that they are bored and need an entertaining book, or they need to know how to fix a problem. It doesn’t matter, just start writing the book
- You want to go back to college but think your either too old, you won’t fit in, people will know that you don’t belong there, or your too old. Whatever the reason maybe, just apply. Your thinking too much. Just sign up. Take one day at a time, why you start thinking so far and you haven’t even applied as yet? Can you remember last time you thought something would happened but it didn’t? Do want to know a truth? Most of the things we are afraid of don’t even come through.
When I was at University, for two years I felt as if I was not good enough. I felt as if I just didn’t fit in because I thought everyone there was better than me. Was that true? Of course not. Is that how other students saw me, that I was not good enough? No! But that’s how we sabotage ourselves at times. We don’t think we are good enough, so we act as if we are not good enough. Your thoughts, or the way you feel about yourself, will show in how you show up each day and people will be able to see that you don’t really believe in yourself.
So my encouragement to you is to just take action and fake it until you make it. In other words, start acting like the way you would if you had actually believed that you were good enough.
- Want to get married but don’t believe someone will love you or the relationship will last. Look there is someone out there for everyone. I have seen ugly, fat, the most disgusting people and people who I probably wouldn’t date get married. I am not trying to bash anyone but what I am simple saying is that there is someone out there for everyone, and that includes you. It doesn’t matter how old you are, you can find love, just be open to receive it and while you are waiting become the person that would attract you the person you would want to be with.
- You want to start that business but you don’t believe that you can actually run a successful business. Look I get it, you don’t want to fail, who wants to? It’s painful. But you will not know what you are capable of doing until you take that step. Maybe you saw someone invested all they had into a business and it failed, or maybe you started a business and it failed. Someone else failure is not your failure, instead of letting someone else failure stop you, learn from it. Look at what that person did wrong and don’t do it, do the opposite. And look at your own failure as a learning curve. I read a quote some time ago that said “the master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried” by Stephen McCranie.
Failure is not a stop sign or a sign saying you are not good enough, failure just says ‘hey you did something’s wrong’ now it is up to you to look back and see what you did wrong and learn from it. Maybe you didn’t market your business properly or your message wasn’t clear enough, or maybe your product wasn’t at the level it should be. I don’t know, but you have to figure out where you went wrong and learn from it.Failure is not a stop sign or a sign saying you are not good enough, failure just says ‘hey you did something’s wrong’ Click To Tweet
If a 16 year old can be running a business, why can’t you? It doesn’t take a genius to become successful or someone with special skills. I didn’t know I could be running a business, and I still don’t know everything, I am learning. Every skill or knowledge you need you can learn it, so you don’t have any excuse. You can even hire a coach to help you succeed.
So here are my action steps for you:
- create at least 2 affirmations and repeat them two times daily, in the morning when you wake up, and just before you go to your bed. One of them should affirm that you are enough.
- Start visualizing the future you want to create or doing that thing you want to start today. There is no better time than the present.
- Start taking action. Just start taking micro steps that will take you your destination.
I would love to hear from you, what words of wisdom you received from this article, please share it in the comment section below. And do me a favor please, please subscribe to my newsletter for a free eBook on 18 ways you can start earning an extra $10,000 each month, plus other content that will take you closer to your goals.
If you are really want to take your life to the next level and step up your entrepreneurial game by turning your passion into a profitable business you are in love with, let’s get in touch, then apply for my coaching program and turn your Passion Into a Striving Business.